To stop domestic violence before it starts, through education and community awareness, while supporting those who are healing from abuse.
- Give our young people the tools they need to recognize and avoid abuse.
- Reduce the number of individuals who become victims of intimate partner violence.
- Encourage our community to Be The Change; to speak up about, and against, domestic violence.
- Support individuals in their quest for peace, healing, and self-love.
Changing the Statistics
Teen dating violence affects more adolescents than any other type of youth violence. Adult intimate partner violence affects more women than breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and lung cancer combined. It’s time to acknowledge that it’s happening at unacceptably high rates and focus on preventing abuse. At Forget Me Not Advocacy Group, our goal is to lower these numbers.
- Nearly 1.5 million high school students nationwide experience physical abuse from a dating partner in a single year. (loveisrespect.org)
- One in three adolescents in the U.S. is a victim of physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse from a dating partner, a figure that far exceeds rates of other types of youth violence. (loveisrespect.org)
- One in 10 high school students has been purposefully hit, slapped or physically hurt by a boyfriend or girlfriend. (loveisrespect.org)
- Eighty-one (81) percent of parents believe teen dating violence is not an issue or admit they don’t know if it’s an issue. (loveisrespect.org)
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men. (Centers for Disease Control)
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime. (Centers for Disease Control)
- Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner. (US Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice)
What We Do
At Forget Me Not Advocacy Group, we provide a number of services to the community that combines education and awareness, such as:
- Teen Dating Violence Workshops
- Peer Group for Survivors of Abuse
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Event
- Collaboration with other community nonprofits and organizations
Will you join us?
For more information about Forget Me Not, our community offerings, sponsorship opportunities, or to schedule a workshop or a speaker, please fill out the contact form below.