Sometimes it is important to just stop and reflect. Tonight I am reflecting on exactly where I am and where I want to be. Tomorrow is my last day at my job. I have touched on my job in past posts. I have written of confusion, of frustration, and of anger. There have been events that have triggered me, events that have beat me down, and events that have raised me up. And tomorrow, it all comes to an end.
When I look back at the last seven years of my life, I am in awe at how far I have come. It has been a journey like none other that has transformed me, taught me, and created the person I am today. My job was a piece of that. It offered me trainings and experiences I could not have experienced elsewhere. And, through it all, I suffered and fought through some of the most difficult times of my life.
I believed that when I left my husband, all would be healed. But it was the healing that took place after I left that put me through the fire and molded me into the person that I believe I am supposed to be. And it is from this place that I come to you this evening. Tomorrow marks the end of another chapter of my life and begins a brand new one.
As many of you know, the Forget Me Not blog has transformed into Forget Me Not Advocacy Group. Forget Me Not Advocacy Group is committed to stopping domestic violence before it starts, through education and community awareness, while supporting survivors in their journey toward healing. In April of this year, Forget Me Not received its 501(c)3 status, allowing us the opportunity to function as a non-profit. This, in turn, gives me the opportunity to depend on donations and grants for funding while providing workshops to schools, colleges, and community groups free of charge.
I want you all to know that you are my inspiration. Your stories, you comments, and your support raise me up daily and I am forever grateful to all of you wonderful strangers. If you would like to support Forget Me Not and its mission, there are a number of ways that you can help. Here are a few:
- Share your story on our Survivor Wall: Survivor stories are inspirational to so many. They are a source of healing and strength.
- Make Forget Me Not Advocacy Group your Amazon Smile Charity of Choice: It costs nothing and with every dollar you spend, you help support us in our mission. You can follow the link in the right sidebar for more information.
- Share Forgetmenotgroup.org with your friends and family. The more people we can reach, the more we can help.
- Follow us on social media
- If you feel led to donate, you can donate through the links in the menu bar. All help, no matter how small or large, is greatly appreciated.
I wish you all a wonderful week and long weekend (if you are in the U.S.). I am truly looking forward to continue on this path with you. To new beginnings!